Get to know our Team:Mobile Platform team is the team at Grab responsible to lay down and continuously improve the software foundations and infrastructure components that all Grab mobile apps are built upon. The team also focuses on driving and perfecting the company mobile apps release process and tools, with the ultimate objective to make apps releases snappy, easy, and reliable.
Get to know the Role:As a release engineer in Mobile Platform you will own the health and performance of our mobile apps and services continuous integration and delivery pipeline. You will be responsible to design and deploy the necessary CI/CD infrastructure and configuration, enable the target test coverage throughout the delivery pipeline, innovate on our software build system and facilitate the on-time execution of our mobile apps release trains, and incorporate and streamline process related to test, staging, early access and production builds and distribution mechanisms You will work daily in a multidisciplinary team, always pushing the bar of technical and operational excellence, in an environment where continuous improvement, fail-fast, and data-driven decision-making are first class citizens.
The day-to-day activities:
- Architect, maintain, and streamline the Grab automated build and release pipeline from code
- compilation, automated testing, to deploy on multiple environments.
- Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
- Collaborate across teams with the aim to facilitate and champion the quick resolution of problems found during the release train of our mobile apps.
- Investigate tools and processes and integrate them so that they can improve the reliability,
- stability and efficiency with which we release our apps and services.
- Enable notifications and communications related to build generation and distribution, integration Communication tools into the build process.
- Creating and maintaining metrics dashboards, reports and documentation of the build/release process.
- Continuous improvement of Grab mobile apps Release Process.
The must haves:
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, continuous integration and delivery methodologies.
- Native mobile apps development experience using Kotlin/Java or/and Swift/Objective-C.
- Experience with build/continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and GitLab.
- Experience with modern build systems such as Bazel, Buck, Gradle.
- Broad experience designing, writing and maintaining automated test, from unit test to UI/Functional level. Experience with mobile testing frameworks will be a major plus.
- Full proficiency with Git.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Experience of managing full lifecycle of App publishing ie Build, Test and release process of Android and iOS Mobile Apps. web applications is a plus.
- Experience in managing App versions, Updates, Alpha, Beta and Prod using Play Store and App Store, Testflight etc. Experience in Publishing to other third party App stores is a plus (eg: Mi Store, Tencent, Baidu etc)
- Experience setting up and enabling mobile apps release trains will be a major plus.