Grab — Jakarta, Indonesia
Get to know our Team :
Grab is solving critical transportation challenges to make transport freedom a reality for millions of people in Southeast Asia.
The Ads Backend team at Grab is engineering the ecosystem of high-performance services that make online data monetization possible at Grab. We build high-scale, low-latency services that deliver sponsored context to users on-demand using technologies like Golang, Redis, Kafka, Cassandra and more.
We use machine learning techniques like Multi-Armed Bandit & predictive models to optimize the Ads we deliver to maximize both user engagement & revenue. We also build big data infrastructure using technologies like Spark to build click prediction models, understand user engagement and understand Ad performance.
Get to know the Role :
● Proven track record of delivery of complex projects to build high-performance, high-reliability web services
● Deep, hands-on programming and technical design skills with demonstrated willingness
and capability to learn new technologies quickly
● 4 - 5 years of software development management experience, preferably in delivering high-scale, high-reliability web or mobile services
● Demonstrated ability to design, build, and deliver complex, successful web services and/or customer experiences efficiently and with quality
● Proven team leadership, interpersonal skills, and ability to get things done
● Ability to clearly communicate high level strategy and technical details effectively across disciplines, locations, and organizations, including to senior leadership.
● Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and build a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment.
● Burning desire to build magical experiences for our customers
The must haves :
● A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or have similar experience.
● Have a track record of designing, developing and implementing complex, low-latency,
and preferably transaction-based/B2C, mobile applications and/or web services with over one million users.
● Significant experience as a successful software development leader in large scale,
highly available Internet and mobile applications.Experience working for a start-up or scale-up is preferred.
● Experience leading teams of engineers and driving large-scale projects and products, in
collaboration with product, design and commercial teams, to succeed.
● Your experience may be in mobile engineering, full-stack, back-end, architecture and
infrastructure, web services and tooling.
● Able to attract, develop, and keep high quality multi-disciplinary teams
● Strong communication skills and can act as an advisor, coach, mentor, and partner all at the same time.
● Experience with Ads a plus
● Experience in machine learning a plus
● Experience in AWS a plus
● Experience in Big Data Analytics & Streaming processing a plus (Storm, Spark, Flink,
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia.
We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments across a region of more than 620 million people. Working with governments, drivers, passengers, and the community, we aim to unlock the true potential of the region by solving problems that hinder progress.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but has extended its product platform to include private car services (GrabCar & GrabShare), motorcycle taxis (GrabBike), social carpooling
(GrabHitch), last mile delivery (GrabExpress & GrabFood), bus & shuttle services (GrabCoach & GrabShuttle) as well as a mobile payments services (GrabPay).
We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on speed, safety, and reliability. Currently we offer services in Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar; however, we also have R&D offices in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta, & Vietnam.