Working Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Database Administrator – DBA (MS SQL/NoSQL)
Why Agoda Data Operations Team?
Join us in the team that administrating 800+ production Microsoft SQL Server databases and NoSQL data engine to support front-end real time booker and hotel owner and backend OLTP processing across geographically data centers including database monitoring and supporting 24×7 in production.
Day to Day
- Proactive monitoring to detect unusual behavior on production database i.e. high query resource usage, unusual database traffic, database server capacity, etc. and coordinate with Engineering team to optimize it before it becomes to be big incident.
- Research and implement automation tool to help reduce human time on daily basis i.e. Installation and upgrade tool, Database deployment tool, Anomaly Detection, etc.
- Setup, migrate and re-architect Agoda production database to support business growth.
- Coordinate with Infrastructure team to planned or unplanned maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and Performance tuning
- Deploy database changes and first line database support
- Sc. or Master degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Computer Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years experiences of MS SQL Server administration or NoSQL engine i.e. Setup, Backup, Recovery, Configuration.
- Ability to learn new data engine technology such as Cassandra, Couchbase, Elastic Search
- Experience in Linux environment
- Understand Database Fundamentals, NoSQL concept and SQL Query
- Excellent English written and verbal communication
- Be able to work multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Be able to attend On-Call rotation
Technology we use, Highly desirable advantage skills:
- High Availability: Always-on, Database Mirroring, Transaction and Peer-to-Peer Replication
- Automation: T-SQL, Powershell and Python
- Monitoring: Graphite, Grafana, ElasticSearch, Slack, Opsgenie, Sensu
- MS SQL Server, Vertica, ORACLE, DB2, Sybase
- Linux system administration