Get to know the Role:
The GrabWheels Strategy & Planning team supports Grab’s Personal Mobility Device business to develop its long term objectives and set its course. As a Regional Strategy, Planning & Analytics Manager, you will support the team in formulating strategy and key initiatives across the region.
By assessing a broad range of trends and issues that span our markets, customers, competitors, regulatory environment and technology landscape, you will help to develop winning strategies and provide recommendations that will have a significant impact on growth.
The day-to-day activities:
- Planning: Engage with leadership to develop strategic business priorities / direction, conduct analysis on market trends and construct models to support business opportunity assessments; drive execution of the corporate planning rhythm (e.g. via regular Management / Board meetings)
- Problem solving: Develop frameworks to analyze business problems, develop hypotheses, mine data; deliver data-driven recommendations to translate strategies into actionable solutions for the business and track project / business performance metrics
- Financial management: Develop and maintain financial models to track growth and optimize spending
- Project management: Lead the development / execution of high priority experimental business opportunities including definition of success metrics, managing pilot execution and ensuring a smooth transition to operations
- Stakeholder management: Drive collaboration across functions and countries to achieve strategic objectives, including with product, engineering, operations and partnerships functions
The must haves:
- At least 5 years of top tier strategy / management consulting experience, or corporate strategy / planning experience; MBA a plus
- Experience with data / financial modeling required; Proficiency in Excel / PowerPoint a must, familiarity with SQL a bonus
- Excellent stakeholder management / communication and fluency in English
- Execution-focused; comfortable with ambiguity and ability to work well in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong knowledge of the local markets in Southeast-Asia
- Willingness to travel ~30% of the time
The ideal candidate would have deep strategy experience, with some additional entrepreneurial / startup exposure to either internet, technology or consumer industries