Business Insight Analyst
(Role based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Iflix is the leading SVoD Media Platform for emerging markets. With presence in over 25 countries across Asia, Middle East, and Africa, Iflix is revolutionizing online entertainment offering thousands of hours from movies to TV shows including live events and news from around the world for a single low monthly subscription.
We are rapidly expanding our amazing and passionate technology team and are looking for an out-of-this world Business Insight Analyst, to contribute to the building of what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
Reporting to the Global Director of Analytics, you will be responsible for answering business critical questions, leveraging data and data visualisation to help stakeholders take decisions. You will be responsible of the accuracy and relevancy of the insight provided.
- Day to day analysis and build collaborative relationships with key contacts to identify priorities and design analytical solutions to guide the business towards achieving them.
- Draw upon data resources and your analytical creativity to deliver customer insight that supports business growth
- Initiate and perform high impact analysis, running part of strategic global analytical projects from design to delivery and/or support local analysts to help them understand macro business driver to shape their insight and better inform their stakeholders of strategy to run locally or regionally.
- Collaborate on business performance tracking, taking responsibility in supplying high profile dashboards and presentations that inform leadership Board. Accuracy and timeliness are critical.
- Proactively identify improvements that can be made to iflix data, products and insight tools – be it driving efficiencies in delivery of repetitive work through automation or identifying new data sources to improve models etc.
- Develop your analytical skills to continuously improve the strength of the team
- Contribute to training and define best practice needs of the wider iflix analytic community.
- Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of the OTT market, the commercial environment and drivers of business performance. An acute awareness of iflix strategic and business objectives is key
- BS Degree or MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- More than 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Familiar with coding (such as R, python, ruby …)
- Strong knowledge in Statistics and in writing SQL queries. SQL code writing skills is must have
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Knowledge of business intelligence tools (e.g. tableau …)
- Knowledge of Altassian suite
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving mindset
- Experienced in generating management reports and writing management insights
- Strong command of analytical and presentation software, including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- SQL code writing skills is must have
- Able to communicate well in English plus in any local languages.
To learn more about Iflix please visit :
- Iflix - Blog, Content, Features, Market
- Tao of Iflix - Core, Values, People
- Iflix on Stackoverflow